Out: Engine

Monday, August 11, 2008 by EV Hacker

The engine is out! This was the final item removed during the stripping process.

An engine lift made it easy for me to remove the engine. Austin EV generously offered to lend me theirs, but in order for me to use it, I would have had to borrow an air compressor and vehicle large enough to transport it. I found a deal at Harbor Freight so figured it was worth the investment.

With some tips from the guys at rx7club.com, the engine was out in no time.


I was able to keep the AC system intact. This should make it easier to have working AC once I'm running on electric.


I plan on keeping the clutch for my EV, so I'll remove it from the engine and reinstall once I get the electric motor and transmission plate.




With ICE completely removed, now the fun really begins.

3 comments:

Nisha said...

3 words: engine patio table. i like the festive lights under the awning, btw. but back to it, congrats on removing the engine!

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work. I'm excited to see how this turns out! I recently sold my FD :( She will always be missed. But I still have my 1st Gen Rx-7, I think about converting that to a Rx-7 EV off and on.

Anonymous said...

Hi- I'm interested in doing an EV conversion on my '93 RX-7 also-I'll keep reading about your progress.